Saturday, October 25, 2014

How I Got Rid of My Acne and Acne Scars

HI LOVIES! Finally! After years of battling severe acne and bad skin, here I am getting compliments and questions about my skin! 

Long story short, I had Cystic acne 2 years ago (I was18 yrs old). They are these blister looking painful massive zits. Cystic acne is the most severe form of acne. It is not caused by chocolates, nuts, greasy foods nor by poor hygiene. The main factor behind acne is hormonal change. 


My acne was everywhere, it was all over my face, some on my neck, chest and back. I obviously lost my self confidence. I hated my skin. I hated my face. It was to the point where I don't go out with my friends anymore or even go out of my room. Even my relatives told me I looked horribly ugly (harsh right? as if I wasn't aware of how ugly and gross I looked like) Anyway, I was a woman desperate for a miracle. I did everything, I researched about everything! skin, pores, chemicals that are good or bad for the skin, medicines, machines, healthy diet etc... I bought and tried everything I thought will cure my skin. I never went to a Dermatologist 'cause I was scared. Scared that they won't be able to help me or prescribe me meds that can cause serious side effects. I had those nights where I cry myself to sleep worrying on how I will face tomorrow with a smile. It was only 7 months ago when my cystic acne looked a lot smaller and were lessen (Images below). I  remember i
t was March when I made a regimen for myself, then after 2 months, BAM! no more cystic acne! I only had scars here and there and some whiteheads. I felt like it was a miracle lol. Right before I left for the Philippines, I got the acne free skin I prayed for!


Before and After photos without make up

Sorry, I couldn't find photos of me 2 years ago :( I was too horrified at my face to take selfies.
7 months ago                                                               Now







I still have some acne scars.


with BB cream: 

 



What didn't work for my skin (my skin type is Combination to oily):



Gamila Olive Oil Soap



Didn't stop my acne but it lightened my scars.
Pharmacy/Farmacia  25














Garnier Pure Active with brush




Broke me out.

Esselunga 6









The Regimen Moisturizer



Gave me flaky skin. 
Acne.org $28.24













Clinique Anti Blemish Solution 3 Steps System



Just didn't work.
Limoni/Douglas 30+ 












Cetaphil



Too gentle. Felt like it wasn't even doing anything to my face lol. 

Pharmacy/Farmacia 25












Antibiotics


Worked for a month. Stopped taking it 'cause I didn't want to be dependent on this drug, then my acne came back.
Pharmacy/Farmacia below 10










What worked for my skin:



Benzac



Dries acne fast. Make sure you only use 5% or you will burn your skin and get dark scars.
Pharmacy/Farmacia 13+









Tea Trea oil, Almond oil, Coconut oil



                                     


If you wanna go all organic and natural, this one will work well for you. I mix a drop or two of the Tea tree oil with 2 table spoon of Almond oil and Coconut oil. I apply it after washing my face at night.

Pharmacy/Farmacia Tea tree oil 8, Almond oil 9, Coonut oil 7





Castor oil and Olive oil



Works well on removing whiteheads.

Mix half Castor oil and half Olive oil, apply on face. Cover face with a steamed towel. Repeat twice then wash face with your facial cleanser and cold water. I used to do this everyday.
Pharmacy/Farmacia Castor oil 8, Olive oil 5





Garnier fruit energy 




Loved this! Dries out acne and feels refreshing on the skin. It has salicylic acid in it that's good with fighting acne bacteria.

Esselunga 7+













Pond's Acne Clear



I've been a Pond's girl ever since. Stopped using their products 'cause they don't sell it here in Milan. But I recently got back from the Philippines, and I bought 5 tubes of these wonderful facial wash. Never got acne again after I started using this. I'd recommend everyone suffering with acne to try this out. 
Any supermarket in the Phil 150+ Pesos


Currently using






The Regimen Treatment (Benzoyl peroxide)




Works well but dries out the whole face on the first month. You will flake out terribly, but this is normal. You're skin will eventually get used to the treatment. 

You'll be needing a deep moisturizing cream for this.
Acne.org $37.38


Still using 







The Regimen Cleanser




Very light cleanser, I'd say. Good for very sensitive

skin.
Acne.org $11.08














The Regimen AHA+




I love this. AHA+ or Alpha hydroxy acid + 10% of Glycolic acid. It chemically exfoliates skin and helps bring new skin cells to the surface. This cream is very powerful that if you use more than the advised amount, it will sting and you'll probably burn your face out. I apply this every other night.

Acne.org $33.21


still using (strictly use only at night)








Clindamycin or Clindamicina in italian




This and the Biretix gel are my holy grails. They cleared my skin unbelievably fast. 2 months to be exact. This is a gel like Antibiotic that basically kills acne bacteria.

I apply it every morning before I apply moisturizer. 
Pharmacy/Farmacia  16


Still using
Highly Recommended


Biretix gel



This is kind of like the AHA+ I mentioned above. I apply this every other night, alternate to the AHA+. It basically repairs skin cells and remove acne scars. 
Pharmacy/Farmacia  25

Still using (strictly use only at night)
Highly Recommended




Apple cider vinegar



I know.. it sounds gross. But it works like wonders! It helps with removing scars, tightening pores and balancing ph level (take note! unbalanced ph level causes pimples). Mix half water and half vinegar on a container or wherever you want to put it, shake, apply like a toner (your face will smell like salad).
Esselunga  4


still using ( strictly use only at night)






Baking soda


Works like the apple cider vinegar. I use this as a face mask twice a week. I mix 2 tablespoon full of Baking soda and a little water to form a paste like consistency.

Apply on face for max of 10 mins (it will sting) then wash face with cold water.
Esselung less than  5 I think.







PMD or Personal Microderm


It's a machine used to exfoliate skin's surface, removing scars and hyper pigmentations. Also removes wrinkles! I do this once a week.

Personalmicroderm.com $181







My Regimen:


Morning 

1. I wash my face with Pond's acne clear (picture above). 
2. I apply Erborian Herbal Energy Lotion Korean Medicinal Herbs (20 in Sephora) or L'oreal Triple Active Fresh Toner with Salicylic acid (7 Esselunga).
3. I apply Clindamycin gel and wait for it to dry.
4. I apply Garnier Essentials Intensive Hydration (4 Esselunga it was on sale) or Nivea Anti Spot Moisturizer (6 in Esselunga) . I wait for it to dry, then I go ahead with my  makeup.
5. I use Garnier BB cream for Combination to Oily skin types (7 in Esselunga). It's Oil free, Dermatologically tested and Non Comedogenic. Very nice matt coverage.
6. Powder to finish. I use Maybelline clear smooth all in one with Spf 25 PA++ (99 pesos)
















Foundations I use:
Clinique Acne Solution from Sephora 29














Makeup Forever Mat Velvet Oil Free from Sephora 41











Advice on choosing face products:

Always check the ingredients. Pick products that are Non-Comedogenic, Oil-free, with Salicylic acid, Paraben free.



Night

1. I remove my make up with Byphasse make up remover (1 in Barcelona)
2. I wash my face with Pond's.
3. I apply Apple Cider Vinegar mixture as a toner. Use this toner only at night.
4. I apply the Treatment from Acne.org. Wait 5-10 mins for it to dry.
5. I apply AHA+ or Biretix gel, wait for it to dry (applied only at night). Done! 
















I am not sure that this regimen and creams will work for you as well as it did to me, mainly because we all have different skin types. But I hope I have helped you at something.
 I know how it feels to suffer from acne. "Been there, done that." That's why I blogged about this to help everyone who are still suffering and losing hope on getting clear skin again. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to e-mail me at aira_joy17@yahoo.com or comment below, I will be glad to help. :)



-Love, Ayra 





















EmoticonEmoticon